It was the year 2009, my parents visited and stayed with us for a month. They liked this place for some reasons and they love their place for other reasons.
In their own words from the O’Hare Airport:
- People in America think about their house, society, community, and county. Whereas, in India, more focused on their house.
- Infrastructure Road, Electricity, Water, and other basic amenities are for every citizen of America whereas some people in India is deprived of it.
- Two parties system helps whereas multiple political parties disrupt the rate of progress.
- Plantation of trees and reserved forest area concept is really green whereas this kind of work is very minimal in India
- More than Day Light Saving, they liked different time zone for different part of the country. Well, I heard India eastern part has a different time zone.
- More money spent on Jails than schools
- Everything on sale for people to buy more than they need. Creating unnecessary wants.
- 25% wastage of electricity or energy or fuel
- Family values are degrading, individualism is in rising and most who suffers are kids.
- Insurance is all time high, no free health care for elders like other rich countries.
They said, ” Don’t forget your roots.” Have a best of both World and keep imparting to the family
- Practice Yoga regularly.
- Taking Bath before Breakfast and Worshipping
- Follow Holi ( Festival of Color), Diwali ( Festival of Lights) – Spread colors and lights
- Eat spices – it’s good for heart, body, and mind
- Train yourself and kids to Climb Mount Everest.