Today I finished, Bhagavad Gita As IT Is on the auspicious day of Janmashtami. This is the same book – the owner said I am not going to charge for it. It’s free for you.
Now, what has changed reading this book and here is eight of those:
- I woke up early every morning ( well not every) and has a first 30 minutes of dedicated time for reading – It made compression easy and more meaningful. Dedication and waking up 30 minutes early morning were the first change.
- There is a prescribed work for all of us – this we all have to do it and beyond the prescribed, work adds up to one’s karma and comfort. Finishing up with the prescribed work without complaining created more creativity.
- In 2008 – at client location one of the colleagues told me we human beings are born as a human after 8.6 million times being born as something and then human. The book validates – Krishna descends to a planet once a day of Brahma or every 8,600,000,000 years. Good Karma makes 8.6 million times go fast.
- Five items (isvara, jiva, prakrti, time, and karma) four are eternal, whereas karma is not eternal. Get your Karma count and add it to your account!
- Among all kinds of killers, time is the ultimate because time kills everything. Actions and the right one!
- The 7 opulences listed – fame, fortune, fine speech, memory, intelligence, steadfastness, and patience are considered feminine. If a person possesses all of them or some of them he becomes glorious. Fine tune your speech, intelligence – it will make you legend.
- He takes everyone as his dear friend who helps him in his execution of Krshna Consciousness, and he does not hate his so called enemy. Social and political issues do not affect him because he knows the situation is temporary upheavals and disturbances. Analyze the situations, its complexity and find the solutions.
- Yoga is your best friend says Krishna and has mentioned it 100 times. Yoga can not be practiced if you have an extreme habit of sleeping and eating. Balance is your best friend.