Dad to Daughter after she lost in the swimming competition.
Dad: Don’t let your courage oozed away like tides. It’s all temporary.
Daughter: I prepared so much and it was my second last chance to get the Gold.
Dad: Have Faith in you and let’s prepare together to win and here is ‘How’ we are going to do for the last chance for this seasons?
Daughter: How part sounds interesting?
Dad: Here is our eight steps approach.
- Discipline in our life – by eating right, practicing every day, and getting proper sleep on time and getting up on time.
- Allow time to make mistakes and work on those as a Lesson Learned. Write every day in your swimming journal
- Unwind for a short time and get back to routine. Listening to music will help
- Go from Good to Great by being mindful of things required to be the best by pushing yourself. Remember as they say pain is temporary and pride is for ever.
- Help others to come out of their fear factor and thus you get help in coming out of your fear factor.
- Train today to reap tomorrow. Well, it’s kind of self-explanatory. Look at your data specially the heart rate reason when one reaches maximum heart rate it’s kind of hitting the wall – you can not go beyond it. Know your friendly heart rate.
- Enjoy what you do and do what you enjoy.
- Read about swimming from the people who have done it – it could be from a different continent or country. We learn from different culture.
Daughter: How will I remember this Dad?
Dad: Just remember you are my DAUGHTER!